Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting. Decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. We're talking chocolate cake today, so let's get right down to business. If you try this recipe for Super Decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting, let me know!
A very chocolatey, moist Chocolate Fudge Cake that is similar to chocolate mud cake, but not as dense. Made with both melted chocolate and. For every occasion that calls for chocolate frosting, keep this fudgy recipe close by. You can have Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
- Prepare of For the Cake.
- You need 2 C (400 g) of sugar.
- It's 1 3/4 C (220 g) of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 C (120 g) of pure cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 2 of large eggs (at room temperature).
- You need 1 C of buttermilk.
- It's 1 C of boiling water.
- It's 3/4 C of corn oil / light olive oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the Fudge Frosting.
- Prepare 2 C (452 g) of unsalted butter - softened.
- It's 2 1/2 C (300 g) of powdered sugar - sifted.
- Prepare 1 1/4 C (150 g) of cocoa powder - sifted.
- You need 1/2 C of full fat sour cream room temperature.
- It's 1/2 C of hot water.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need Pinch of fine sea salt.
- You need 10 ounce of dark chocolate (60-70%).
- It's of (Melted & cooled to lukewarm).
With just five ingredients from the pantry, you've got What an awesome frosting recipe! We thought it was delicious on chocolate zucchini cake and I'm anxious to try it on other cakes as well! The Best Chocolate Fudge Frosting-made with Hershey's Cocoa, richer than a buttercream, you'll think you're eating a decadent fudge! The perfect complement to a yellow cake or take a chocolate cake over the top!
Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 C. Grease & line two 8-inch round baking pans with parchment paper. Grease parchment..
- For the Cake - In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder & salt, whisking until thoroughly combined. Next, in a separate bowl Crack eggs, add buttermilk, oil & vanilla. Lightly mix with fork then pour this wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk to mix then add in hot boiling water, keep whisking or Beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated. Divide evenly among prepared pans..
- Bake for 40-45mins (30-35mins for a 6-inch cake) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just few moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven to cool. Run a small knife around the edges of each pan, then gently invert onto wire racks. Cakes should come out cleanly..
- Peel off the parchment paper & allow cakes to cool completely. At this point, cakes can be frozen until ready to use, up to 1 month. Simply wrap each layer individually in a double layer of plastic wrap & store inside a large zip top bag..
- For the frosting - in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until very pale & creamy, abt 5mins. Add sifted powdered sugar & cocoa powder & mix to combine. Add sour cream, hot water, vanilla & salt & mix on low speed until the liquid is incorporated, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed. It may look slightly curdled at this point, but dont worry. Increase speed to medium high & beat until smooth for another 2-3mins..
- Add lukewarm chocolate & mix until smooth & glossy. At this point, you hv abt 30mins at cool room temperature (longer in summer) to work with the frosting before it begins to harden. Note: this frosting does not do well when made a head of time..
- To assemble - level cake layers if necessary (trim any domed top off with serrated knife). Place one layer, bottom side up, on a cake stand or serving platter (on a piece of parchment if you will need to move it). Spread abt 1 cup of frosting in an even layer, then place second layer on top, flat side up, pressing gently to adhere..
- Cover the entire cake with a thin layer of buttercream using offset spatula. This ‘crumb coat’ will seal in the cake crumbs & make the final layer of frosting easier. If your cakes were frozen, this should firm up pretty quickly, otherwise refrigerate for abt 10mins to set. Slather with remaining buttercream in a thick layer, reserving some for piping decorative details if desired..
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More! Chocolate Frosting Recipe for cakes & cupcakes! This chocolate fudge cake recipe is really being posted for the easy fudge frosting. The same one-bowl, super easy, chocolate cake recipe has been I'm adding it again here just to have the complete recipe in one place for convenience sake. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler.