You can cook Hot Chocolate using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Chocolate
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick,.
- You need of High Quality Dark Chocolate Preferably Valrhona 70% Coarsely Chopped, 60g + More For Grating.
- You need 1/2 TBSP of High Quality Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona,.
- Prepare 15 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- It's Pinch of Cayenne,.
- It's 177 g of Whole Milk,.
- It's 1/2 TBSP of Cornstarch..
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It's of Marshmallows, For Toasting.
Hot Chocolate instructions
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add in cinnamon stick. Lightly toast until aromatic. Add in chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, cayenne and a splash of milk..
- Lightly whisk to combine well and until the chocolate starts to melt. While that's happening, in a small bowl, add cornstarch and a splash of milk. Stir to combine well. This will be the slurry. Set aside. When the chocolate has completely melted, gradually pour in the rest of the milk while still whisking..
- Once everything has incorporated well, whisk in the slurry. Whisk until well combined. Lastly, add salt. Give it a final whisk. Remove from heat and drain thru a fine strainer over a serving glass..
- You can toast your marshmallow with a blow torch or under a broiler. Be sure your serving glass is heat or oven proof. But I prefer toasting my marshmallow under a broiler smoked with charcoal. What I did was burned some charcoal on the stove, placed the charcoal in a heat-proof bowl and wacked into the oven the same time as broiling the marshmallow..
- Once the marshmallow is charred, remove from oven. Grate some more dark chocolate over the top. Serve immediately..