Chocolate and cinnamon swirls. This chocolate and cinnamon meringues recipe creates big, marbled pillowy treats that are ideal for gift giving. So does author Annie Rigg for thinking to lace them with swirls of cocoa and cinnamon. Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon.
Growing up, my favorite school morning breakfast (umm besides strawberry toaster strudels) was cinnamon swirl bread, toasted and buttered. These rustic-looking chocolate swirl meringues are flavored with cocoa powder, a touch of molasses, and a pinch of cinnamon, then baked until crisp. They bring together a light and crumbly texture with intense chocolatey flavor. You can have Chocolate and cinnamon swirls using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate and cinnamon swirls
- You need of For the dough:1 cup plain flour.
- It's Half of cup wholewheat flour.
- It's of Quater of quater cup melted butter.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoon of brown suger.
- Prepare Half of cup milk.
- You need of For yeast proofing:3 tablespoon warm water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown suger.
- You need 1 pack of dry fast action yeast(can use half pack if prefer).
- It's of For the filling:3 tablespoon butter.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of chocolate nesquick powder(or good other chocolate.
- You need of Small Pinch salt.
- It's 4 of triangles(about 4 tablespoons) Cream cheese(used dairylea).
- You need 1 of tabnespoon vanila.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
The cinnamon provides just a hint of warmth, while the molasses gives the. Once melted stir in the coconut sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil until fully combined. Chocolate cinnamon swirl bread is a fun alternative for your morning toast. The best part is this is a no-knead recipe.
Chocolate and cinnamon swirls instructions
- Prep the dough:in a medium bowl,proof the yeast until ready(use warm and not hot ingredients).then in same bowl,add warm milk,flour,vanila,pinch salt,and suger,then combine to form rough dough.then now add melted butter to form your dough noce soft dough...knead only briefly to form in the ball.then cover with cling and let rise.
- When dough is risen,then prep your baking tray,oil butter the surface and then can place your dough.punch the dough and rix briefly. Roll dough on tray,or can roll on a baking paper first to ease the transfer to the tray..if not able to directly roll on the tray!roll to about 4 millimetres thick.
- Start preping your filling.combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl.mix well and can taste for sweetness.remember you hzve slightly sweetened the dough nd the nesquick powder is also sweetened.so can add bit of honey if prefer.or can add that as a drizzle later on after cooking !.
- Spread your filling on the rolled dough and level.and roll tighlty as possible...making sure your filling isnt overflowing at edges.then you have a nice log shape..so make marks of about 2 cm and slice through!get children involved at the fun(and but safer) activities too.
- Now place the swirls arrange them in your tray and cover for about half hour to raise about another 2 millimeters,then bake in preheated oven or grill until filling is bubbling but not burning.and you will see the swirls have joint up in the tray due to raising while cooking..
- Bismillah and enjoy.
I basically used the same technique as I did for this cinnamon raisin bread, except that I mixed all of the cinnamon and brown sugar right into the dough. This recipe for pecan and chocolate chip cinnamon swirls is so simple you can impress even the sternest of critics. For my enriched dough I always use You can make this very easily by hand or use a food mixer with the dough hook attached. Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread filled with cinnamon sugar and pecans, for an easy breakfast treat or snack. I want to introduce you to my favorite, must have, if you don't If you can't resist this bread until it's cooled, no one will care if your slices aren't perfect.