Triple layer chocolate mousse.
You can have Triple layer chocolate mousse using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Triple layer chocolate mousse
- Prepare 50 g of good quality 70% dark chocolate.
- You need 50 g of good quality milk chocolate.
- You need 50 g of good quality white chocolate.
- You need 3 of large eggs separated.
- It's 25 g of caster sugar.
- You need 125 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 10 g of unsalted butter.
Triple layer chocolate mousse instructions
- Separate eggs and yolks while eggs are cold. Place whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Leave whites while you prepare other ingredients..
- Whisk yolks with a fork.
- Place each type of chocolate in a separate bowl with a teaspoon of butter in each. Melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside to cool but not harden.
- Beat cream with electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar to egg whites and beat them with an electric whisk till hard peaks form.
- Fold egg yolks into cream using a rubber spatula but ensure you maintain airiness in the cream so do not over mix. Split this mix evenly into 3 bowls (1 per type of chocolate).
- Check the chocolate to see if it is still runny it should be lukewarm but still runny.
- Pour each chocolate type into its respective cream yolk mixture. Fold through while maintaining as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Split the beaten egg white mixture into 3 potions and gradually fold the mixtures in each respective cream mixture until well incorporated whilst maintaining airiness. Figure 8 motions work best.
- Once each type of chocolate mixture is ready, get 4-6 clean ramekins and layer one third of each mixture of mouse into each container. I usually like to do dark chocolate at the bottom then milk then white.
- Place in the fridge for 5-6 hours and it is ready!.