Chocolate layered cake. You can "halve" your cake and eat it, too, when you make Verna Mae Floyd's chocolaty classic for two. "My mother came up with this delicious dessert after we kids left the. Layered with a creamy fudge frosting, this easy-to-make cake is moist with a deep chocolate flavor. My favorite choice for a classic celebration cake!
This exceptionally bold chocolate cake recipe—without any flour to get in the way of the soft texture and intense chocolatey flavor—will change everything you thought you knew about chocolate cake. When I think about chocolate cake, I want the cake layers to be moist. I want them to be packed with chocolatey flavor, and to have a soft texture. You can have Chocolate layered cake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate layered cake
- It's 200 g of sugar.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- You need 200 g of eggs (4 eggs).
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 68 g of rich hot chocolate powder.
- It's 100 g of dark chocolate.
- It's 200 g of fruit and nut milk chocolate.
- Prepare 50 ml of Nutella (chocolate spread/ganache).
- You need 2 of round cake tins (greased).
- It's 300 ml of double cream.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla essence (1 vanilla pod).
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
The baker in me also wants the cake layers to have. This homemade chocolate layer cake is a chocolate lover's dream. This rich, tender chocolate cake is easy enough to make for a casual dessert but can be a showstopper for any special event. This Chocolate Layer Cake with Creme turns out so fluffy and nice.
Chocolate layered cake step by step
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, baking powder and salt and mix through..
- Melt dark chocolate and fruit and nut chocolate over double boiler and set aside..
- Make Chantilly cream. Add vanilla to cream and gradually whisk the cream until it is firm by gradually adding the sugar. Finally fold in the chocolate spread. Put in the fridge to cool down..
- Add flour to batter mix and mix through. Split the mixture between two cake tins and bake for 20 minutes at 180'C in preheated oven. Once it is out of the oven place on cooling rack until at room temperature. Cut each cake horizontally in the middle to create four layers. Spread the Chantilly cream evenly between the layers. Do not cover the top. Once this is done dust the top of the cake with either cocoa powder or icing sugar..
Don't worry, it only sounds fancy. Honestly, it's pretty simple and straightforward to make. Some chocolate cakes are completely flourless — quivering mousses of pure cacao. Others are closer to a brownie with a crackly crust. This easy Chocolate Hazelnut Layer Cake is a showstopper!