Coffee Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Coffee Chocolate Cake using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coffee Chocolate Cake
- You need of Cake - dry ingredients.
- It's 400 g of castor sugar.
- It's 275 g of flour/cake flour.
- Prepare 50 g of cocoa powder.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Cake - wet ingredients.
- You need 100 g of unsalted butter - melted.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 250 ml of ButterMilk.
- Prepare 250 ml of hot coffee.
- Prepare of (1 tbsp coffee + hot water).
- Prepare of For the frosting.
- You need 200 g of butter - Room Temperature.
- You need 500 g of icing sugar- sifted.
- It's 50 g of cocoa powder- sifted.
- It's 150 g of dark chocolate- melted.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of espresso.
- It's of Chocolate balls.
Coffee Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease & line 2 × 20cm cake pans..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry & mix until well combined. Divide batter into equal portions & pour into the 2 cake pans..
- Place in the oven & allow to bake for 30mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Dont worry if cake sinks a little in the center..
- Remove the cakes from tge oven & allow to cool completely..
- Frosting - beat the butter until light & fluffy (4-5mins). Add sifted cocoa powder & icing sugar then beat for another 2mins until well combined..
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the chocolate & mix well. Add the espresso, one tbsp at a time & mix until you have glossy frosting. When cakes are cool, slice each in half length-wise resulting in 4 cake layers. Or you can use only two layers. Next, Stack the cakes with frosting in the center adding crushed chocolate balls (opt) between every layer..
- Finish the cake with the remaining frosting & top with chocolate balls..
- Tips- cake can be made in advance. It should be cooled thoroughly before wrapping in grease proof paper & plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge..
- Frosting - if buttercream is too dry/thick, add a bit of softened butter & splashes of milk..
- Christmas Eve Dinner 2019.