Chocolate Wine Granita.
You can cook Chocolate Wine Granita using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Wine Granita
- You need 750 ml of Sweet Dessert Red Wine,.
- It's 188 g of Whole Milk,.
- Prepare of Milk Chocolate at least 35%, 75g.
Chocolate Wine Granita instructions
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add wine. Bring it up to a simmer. Use a blowtorch to burn off the alcohol..
- Continue simmering until the wine is reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down completely. In another sauce pot over medium heat, add milk..
- Bring the milk up to a boil. Pour the milk into a bowl of chocolate. Stir to combine well. The chocolate milk mixture should be grainy. This is what you are after. Set aside to cool down completely..
- Transfer the wine into the chocolate milk mixture. Add a pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine well. Transfer the mixture, thru' a fine sieve, into a freezer-friendly container..
- Discard any residue. Freeze the mixture overnight. Using a fork, scrape the surface of the mixture into icy bits. If the mixture starts to melt, return back to the freezer for 20 mins. Take it out and scrape again..
- Repeat the process until you are left with a mountain of icy bits. Transfer into a chilled serving glass. Serve immediately with garnishes of your choice. I am using blueberries and an orange peel..