You can cook Chocolate Macaroons using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Macaroons
- Prepare of For Macaroons shells.
- It's 120 g of Almond meal.
- It's 200 g of Powdered sugar.
- It's 20 g of Unsweetened dark cocoa powder.
- You need of Egg whites 100 g (room temperature).
- Prepare 30 g of Caster sugar.
- You need 2 g of Cream of tarter.
- Prepare drops of Dark red food colour few.
- It's of For filling,.
- You need 60 g of Nutella or any chocolate spread.
- You need 60 g of Dark chocolate.
- You need 160 ml of Heavy cream.
Chocolate Macaroons step by step
- Preheat oven at 100C. Place parchment paper on it then almond meal on it..
- Now dry almond meal in it for almost 30 minutes..
- Take out and cool almond meal..
- In a food processor add almond meal, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Pulse for 20 seconds..
- Sieve it from a fine sieve. Set a side..
- In a clean bowl of a stand mixer add egg whites and cream of tarter. Start whisking until foamy then add 1/3 of caster sugar and keep whisking for almost 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes add the remaining caster sugar and whisk on high speed for 1 minute..
- Add food colouring, give it a final whisk. Add in sifted almond meal, icing sugar and cocoa powder. Fold it with spatula until mix..
- Then keep folding it until the batter is shiny and fall from the spatula in ribbons. Fill in the pastry bag fitted with 10 mm round tip..
- Pipe on to macaroons baking sheet or silicone molds. Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes. Then bake them at 150 C for 13-14 minutes. Take out and let them cool completely before taking off from mat..
- Now for filling, heat double cream until slightly simmer. Take off from heat.Add in nutella and chocolate. Mix well and let cool in fridge until thick. Pipe in macaroons shells..