Chocolate Illusion Cake.
You can have Chocolate Illusion Cake using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Illusion Cake
- It's 1 of Dark Sponge.
- Prepare 1 of Light Sponge.
- It's 2 Jars of Chocolate Spread.
- You need of Chocolate Decorations of your choice.
Chocolate Illusion Cake instructions
- Repeat this with both sponges.
- Using a long sharp knife, carefully slice the sponge into 3 equal slices.
- Look around your kitchen for 2-3 round items to use as a cutting guide. I’ve simply used a saucepan lid and 2 different sized cutters..
- Lay your first slice on a chopping board and using your biggest disc, cut around the layer using a sharp vegetable knife. Then repeat with your smaller shapes. Do this to both a dark and light slice..
- Now remove the outer ring of both slices and swap them and repeat with the other rings. (This is where pictures are helpful..
- Once you’ve cut and swapped alternate rings on both slices, it’s time to start building. Spread a layer of chocolate spread over the first layer, then pick up the other complete set of rings and lay it on top..
- Repeat the above process with the other 4 slices but on the final layer, do not put anything on the top just yet..
- You will have quite a huge cake but we want it to bond. To do this place the cake tin ring around the cake and fasten, cover with cling film then weight the top. I used a baking tray and a saucepan of cold water. This process will adhere the layers fully. I left mine overnight but 2 hours will be long enough..
- Now decorate at will. I simply used Chocolate Spread and melted chocolate..
- At this stage your guests will just think it’s a normal chocolate cake, until it’s cut. Then watch their faces..
- No matter where the cake is cut, you will end up with a mind boggling slice of squares from a round cake. Keep the secret, it’s just a hack. As ever, enjoy..