Ultimate chocolate brownies. Best chocolate brownies recipe Looking for the perfect brownie recipe - glossy on top, and dense and fudgy in the centre? Look no further that this classic bake. Add boiling water; stir until well blended.
Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract/paste, add to the melted chocolate and butter, mix. Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then fold into the rest of the mix. Add the chopped white chocolate pieces and pour into a lined and greased baking tray. You can cook Ultimate chocolate brownies using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate chocolate brownies
- You need 225 of g/8oz butter.
- It's 450 of g/1lb caster sugar.
- Prepare 140 of g/5oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces.
- Prepare 5 of free-range medium eggs.
- You need 110 of g/4oz plain flour.
- Prepare 55 of g/2oz cocoa powder.
Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them. NOT for the faint of heart. The best one I've ever made, and I am a devout chocoholic.
Ultimate chocolate brownies step by step
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line a 20x30cm/8x12in baking tin with baking paper..
- Gently melt the butter and the sugar together in a large pan. Once melted, take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted..
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the rest of the ingredients..
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the top of the brownie is firm but the inside still feels soft. I threw some chopped pecans on top for extra nutty flavour..
- Take out of the oven and cool in the tin. Cut into 5cm/2in squares when cool..
Mine never pull away from the sides of the pan like the recipe says. Be sure to test it with a toothpick in more than one place, because you might run into a chocolate chip that would make it appear that the brownies aren't done yet. What if I told you that you DON'T need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don't need two separate bowls. Sometimes we all need a peanut butter and chocolate fix to get us through the week — and my Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies recipe does the trick. These brownies are even more delicious when heated in the microwave and served with freshly whipped cream.