Self-saucing chocolate pudding. Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is a classic dessert that everyone should know! One batter magically transforms into a moist chocolate cake with a beautiful chocolate sauce. I love chocolate self saucing pudding.
The chocolate sauce gets poured on the top, but miraculously ends up on the bottom. Place the extra sugar and remaining cocoa in a bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle over the puddings and pour over the water. You can have Self-saucing chocolate pudding using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Self-saucing chocolate pudding
- Prepare 200 g of light muscavado sugar.
- It's 150 g of self raising flour.
- It's 2 of lightly heaped tbsp cocoa.
- Prepare 45 g of ground almonds.
- It's 75 g of chopped chocolate.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk.
- Prepare 25 g of butter, melted.
- It's of Few drops vanilla extract.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's of Sauce.
- It's 150 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 75 g of cocoa powder.
Self-saucing chocolate pudding is a classic in Australia. It creates its own sauce below the sponge in the base of the dish. Make it up in advance, then sprinkle sugar and cocoa on top and pour over some boiling water and cook while you eat your starter and main over the festive period. Enjoy a luscious Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding recipe for two and share the chocolate love with your sweetheart this Valentine's Day!
Self-saucing chocolate pudding step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180degC..
- Put the SR flour, cocoa, almonds, light muscavado sugar and chocolate in a bowl..
- In another bowl, add the milk, butter, vanilla and egg. Whisk them all together..
- Bring the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into a 1.5L oven proof bowl..
- Mix the caster sugar and cocoa for the sauce together and sprinkle over the top of the cake batter..
- Pour 500ml of freshly boiled water over the top. (Counter-intuitative I know but its OK!).
- Cook in the oven for 40 mins and then take out and rest for 10 mins..
- Serve with cream, ice cream, or how ever you like!.
For Valentine's Day this year I thought to myself why not make a small recipe of Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding so you and your loved one can have a single. This Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding recipe is an old fashioned favourite. A soft, moist chocolate sponge cake which magically creates it's own Rich, decadent and totally oozy, this Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding recipe is just the perfect comforting dessert. I mean, take a close look at this. A community recipe by Petronell. fluid ounce vanilla essence.